September 10th 2014, Bushwick, New York.
Designers Charles Borg and Ron van Maarschalkerweerd having the day before presented their Spring 2015 line at Nolcha Fashion Week’s showcase for independent designers, descend on Fuchs Projects with 7 outfits and Warren Satt, the creative director of Number 3 Magazine for a photo shoot.
This film is a glimpse from behind the scenes, exploring how a group of like minded “creatives” make it all happen.
This wonderful fashion-editorial was released on Trend Prive Magazine – November Issue 2014.
Feeric Fashion Days – June,2014
Feeric has received a lot of positive press on internationally renowned magazines, includingMarie Claire and Cosmopolitan, and was also featured on Euronews programme LeMag.
This is the second year C&R were invited to the Romanian Fashion Week, which stands out by organising fashion shows in the most unusual locations.
Last year, C&R showed 10 looks at the final gala night, but this year they presented a full collection. The Charles & Ron show was held at the spectacular setting of the Sibiu Railway Depot on Wednesday 18 June. The models arrived
by and emerged from a train onto the catwalk to show the Valletta-inspired collection.
Nolcha Fashion Week is a leading award winning event, held during New York Fashion Week, for independent fashion designers to showcase their collections to a global audience of press, retailers, stylists and industry influencers.
Over the past six years Nolcha Fashion Week: New York has established itself as a platform of discovery promoting innovative fashion designers through runway shows and exhibition.
Nolcha Fashion Week: New York has built an acclaimed reputation as a hot incubator of new fashion design talent and is officially listed by New York City Economic Development Corporation; offering a range of cost effective options to increase designers recognition and develop their business.
The successful showcase consistently receives positive media coverage including features in Glamour, Cosmopolitan, Lucky, NBC, MTV and Forbes; and supported by brands including Coca-Cola, RUSK, Vitamin Water, America Airlines, Don Q Rums and Landrover.
Charles & Ron had a wonderful success to Nolcha Fashion Week and for sure this was an important step for the brand in Fashion Industry.
CHARLES & RON
Charles & Ron is a contemporary lifestyle brand, high-end wearable clothing and bags with a distinct Mediterranean flair and a dedication to superior quality. Maltese culture is an integral part of the Charles & Ron design ethic and the brand’s vision is, to inspire its clients to be part of the instantly recognizable Charles & Ron Mediterranean lifestyle.
Charles Borg was born October 29, 1968, in Malta, and Ron van Maarschalkerweerd was born September 13, 1971 in Holland. Charles learned his tailoring skills as a young boy from his relatives who were expert dressmakers and Ron studied Economy and Human Resource management. Charles and Ron met in Amsterdam in 1992 and Ron moved to Malta shortly afterwards. The mostly self -taught designers started experimenting and shortly after presented their first collection. Their first label was named after the Queen of Holland, Beatrix. This label later evolved into Beatrix by Charles & Ron and they are now known as simply: Charles & Ron. The designers have established themselves as Malta’s leading fashion house and their bi-annual fashion show is Malta’s most anticipated fashion event.
C & R have designed costumes for Malta’s top theatre companies and the duo was also selected to design the costumes for the spectacular opening ceremony of the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting that was held in Malta in 2006. Charles & Ron have over the years dressed many local and international celebrities and several international magazines and TV stations featured the designers and their work. C&R have shown their collections alongside Italy’s top designer labels during fashion shows for TV Moda but the duo consider their couture show in Rome, Italy, on Italy’s first TV station Rai Uno one of the highlights of their career.
We are totally in love with some items like:
PRE-FALL ’15 COLLECTION – NEWS
Over the years they have participated in many prestigious fashion events throughout Europe and also North America.
- 2003 and 2004, guest at the international Couture show at Moda Galleria in Naples, Italy
- 2004 and 2005, invited to the international Bridal Fair Bouquet in Milan, Italy
- 2005, invited by fashion label Egon Von Furstenberg as guest designers to show their collection in Ragusa, Sicily
- 2006, showed their collection during L’Oreal Fashion Week in Toronto, Canada
- 2006, participated in Canon Ixus meets Fashion in Thessaloniki, Greece
- 2006, showed collection at Sugar Factory in Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- 2011, showed ‘Northern Lights’ collection during Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Malta
- 2012, showed ‘So Hot, So Cold’ collection during Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Malta
- 2013, showed ‘Feast Patterns’ collection during Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Malta and at Feeric Fashion Days Romania
- 2013 Honoured with Celebrity Tile at Bay Street Walk of Fame
- 2013, Received an award at the One Tribute Ceremony
- 2014, showed ‘Humilissima Civitas’ collection during Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Malta, Feeric Fashion Days Romania and Nolcha Fashion Week New York
- 2014, Charles & Ron opened their first boutique inside the 4 star Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa, Attard Malta.
With love, Myra